- St. Mark’s Episcopal Day School provides a Christian environment of belonging, emphasizing self-worth and self-expression.
- We create opportunities for your child to further develop communication, social and problem-solving skills while participating in a group experience.
- Our low teacher-pupil ratio, dedicated and seasoned staff, and extensive grounds/facilities help your child develop and succeed in these areas.
The St. Mark's Experience
- We’ve designed activities based on expression, concentration, inquiry, creation, manipulation and exploration to help your child bloom in self-confidence and curiosity.
- Blocks, toys, group discussion, story time, puppets and dramatic play stimulate expression through fantasy and re-creation of the world around them.
- Music and movement classes taught by educated and dedicated teachers are scheduled weekly, and promote a healthy, joyful learning experience that inspires self-expression, self-confidence, and age appropriate group collaboration.
- Field trips over the year are planned to cover a wide range of first hand experiences.
- Additional study and exploration are available through our after-school classes.
- An extensive playground is used daily, weather permitting, to allow for additional social and physical expression.
- A large swing area, multiple forts and playhouses, tricycle/vehicle trail, and sand play area are all provided for your child’s growth, imagination, social learning and exercise.
- Much of the playground is shaded by beautiful, mature trees.
- St. Mark’s introduces pre-reading and pre-math skills as they become developmentally ready.
- Children learn fundamental mathematical concepts and strategies through investigative experiences and problem solving.
- We support children’s emerging literacy through story time, discussion, exercises, artwork, storyboards, letter books and language charts.
- Social studies and the sciences are an integral part our daily activities and explorations.
- Preschool is the perfect time to introduce and show an open mind to different civic, religious and cultural ideals, languages, practices and traditions.
- Alongside our own Christian values and traditions, St. Mark’s school introduces and embraces tolerance and integration of many cultures and their traditions through discussion, art and stories.
- A once-a-week Chapel time offers an understanding of Episcopalian Christian values through story-telling, discussion, dramatic play, singing and praying.
- All denominations and faith traditions are welcome at St. Mark’s.
- We welcome and encourage participation in our weekly church services, but membership in St. Mark’s church is not a requirement for admission.
- At St. Mark’s we are concerned with each child and their joyful development.
- We strive to carefully and lovingly guide each child so that he/she may get the most out of these multifaceted program(s).
- We welcome your questions and inquiries about our specific school programs and curriculum.